Juju's Bar & Stage is looking for an experienced, committed and driven General Manager to take over the operational running of our busy warehouse bar and event space plus its 3 subsidiary bars on site at the Old Truman Brewery.
This is an operational role, you will not be required to curate or program any events or menus; you will be working under the direction of a Creative Director who deals with all event programming and product curation for the 3 bars. Your role is to deliver an efficient operation across all sites.
The right candidate will enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced environment, leading by example and getting involved with physical tasks when required while always keeping a managerial overview on operations. You should have at least 2 years previous experience in a hospitality management role with excellent leadership skills and a customer service orientation.
- Working closely with Creative Director daily to ensure efficient operational delivery of all events, menus and promotions across the 3 bars
- Training, motivating and managing staff daily
- Overseeing regular stock-takes and ordering as necessary
- Writing weekly staffing rota and organising agency staff for events as necessary
- Handling deliveries as necessary
- Overseeing and liaising with the kitchen teams, bar teams, event teams and operations teams on site at the Old Truman Brewery at large
- At least 2 years of previous experience in a hospitality management role
- Excellent staff management & leadership skills
- Skilled communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Capability to respond positively to pressure
- Effective problem solving skills
- A thorough understanding and interest in P&L
- Hours: 45 per week
- 28 days holiday per annum plus pension scheme
- Opportunities for promotion
- Salary £30-35K starting salary
- Start date – June
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join the Old Truman Brewery team please email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org