FREE RANGE 2023
The Truman Brewery is looking for a new project manager to spearhead and develop Free Range - the annual season of graduate art & design exhibitions. Free Range showcases the UK’s most innovative young artists, photographers and designers and is a key diary feature for the creative industry. The shows provide a vital platform for emerging creatives, facilitating their next steps beyond education.
The Free Range Project Manager will work alongside The Head of Events and Events Team at The Truman Brewery to deliver and develop this annual project. Candidates should be team players who possess strong organisational and communication skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure and the willingness to learn by doing. Good Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and Adobe Acrobat skills are a prerequisite.
Ideally candidates will have demonstrated some form of project management and administration, with an interest in the arts and creative industries. Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be pro-active, self-motivated, reliable, multi-task efficiently and able to show good initiative.
Role: Free Range Project Manager (Full Time) – July 2022
Reports into: Head of Events
Location: The Truman Brewery, 15 Hanbury Street E1 6QR
Contract Type: Full Time 45 hours per week including weekend, early morning, and evening flexibility
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Learn from Head of Events, Venue Sales, and Operations Team via general event enquiries
• Managing Free Range Enquiries in a professional manner
• Selling of dry hire venues to relevant courses
• Issuing hire agreements and administrating each booking from start to finish
• Research tasks, actively building relationships with UK educators
• Expand the project to include additional disciplines
• Developing Professional Partnerships for Free Range to create additional value to exhibiting courses
• Working closely with exhibiting universities and colleges to prepare them for their shows
• Working to achieve publicity outcomes, developing the FR newsletter, and maintaining Free Range social media presences
• Gathering estimates and contracting supplier
• Working closely with Events Ops Team to manage event logistics, ensure H&S requirements are met and ensure the smooth running of the event whilst live
• Post event surveying of exhibitors, compiling event report
• Supporting other projects within TB Events Department as required
• Develop a good knowledge of our event spaces and the type of events hosted
• Willing to be flexible and assist as necessary in all aspects of the day to day running of the office and our events. To include occasional early get-ins (damage checks) for events and acting as onsite duty venue representative during out of office hours events.
▪ Supporting the team on site visits for clients and suppliers
FREE RANGE 2023 Project Manager Skills required:
• Friendly and confident character
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines
• Numerical competence and attention to detail
• Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat
• Demonstrate a flexible approach and positive attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication, experience writing medium-long format pieces desirable • Availability to work late hours, weekends, bank holidays when required
• Willingness to learn, hardworking, focused and determined in your approach to work
• Undergraduate qualification in the arts
• Basic Experience in project management
• Experience working in an office environment desirable, preferably within an arts administration context
• Some experience with Canva
• Some experience with InDesign / Photoshop / Illustrator
General information: This is a junior role, with scope to grow very quickly. Employment is full time; you will be contracted to work 45 hours a week, 9 hours per day. Standard working hours would be Monday to Friday 9am-6pm. We also request you be flexible to work weekends, early morning and evenings when required, weekends worked would be in lieu of weekdays. There is a 6-month probation period. We offer 28 days holiday paid (8 of which are bank holiday). The remaining should be used 5 days per quarter unless agreed in advance. Holiday entitlement begins after your first 3 months of working.
Please send an up-to-date CV & covering letter to: email@example.com